In an exclusive interview with LivingFoodz.com, TV actor Abhinav Shukla, who is currently wooing us with his acting skills in the latest TV show Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka, talks all things food. From his favourite street food to the ghar ka khana he can’t get enough of and more, here are some foodie secrets the actor he never told you about. Psst… don’t miss point number 7!
1. Ask Abhinav what street food is his go-to and the actor, with no second thought, responds vada pav, a fast food which has its origins in the city of dreams, Mumbai. (Other celebrities are fans of vada pav too!)
2. Born and brought up in Ludhiana, Punjab, Abhinav’s favourite ghar ka khana has always been aloo parathas. (Another aloo paratha fan took her love to the next level!). The TV actor reveals aloo paratha holds a special place in his heart because he has grown up eating aloo paratha. Most of his food memories from childhood are of his mother making aloo paratha for breakfast almost every morning.
3. Unlike TV actor Sharad Malhotra, who told us about his dreamy chocolate cheat meal, Abhinav doesn’t believe in cheat meals. “I don’t have the word cheat in my dictionary. I eat whatever is cooked for me,” says the actor. (Here’s what nutritionists have to say about cheat days)
4. Many may not know this but Abhinav is a completely no-fuss person when it comes to food. When asked what his daily meals look like, Abhinav says he eats whatever his wife Rubina Dilaik cooks for him – it can be anything from peanut butter sandwiches to parathas or any other everyday Indian food.
5. When it is snack time, Abhinav prefers to eat foods that are light on the stomach just like most of us. His go-to meal for this time of the day is a salad (mostly, a green salad) or a bowl of peanuts. (Toss up your own salad in a jiffy! Take inspiration from these salad recipes)
6. When we enquired about that one thing that’s always in his fridge, the TV actor took the liberty to give us two items and said: peanuts and coffee beans. He can eat peanuts any time of the day. (Fan of peanuts like Abhinav? You will love these peanut recipes)
7. If there’s one thing he absolutely can’t live without, apart from Rubina, of course; it has to be mangoes. Abhinav happily admits that he is obsessed with mangoes and can eat almost 5 kgs of mangoes at once. WOW, that’s some crazy love there! (Our guide to everything mango)
8. When he’s in the mood to dine out, Abhinav’s favourite places to eat in Mumbai are Indigo Delicatessen in Bandra and Olive Bar & Kitchen in Khar.
To feed your hunger for more
Want more? Click on the tags below for more videos and stories