Online hostel-booking platform Hostelworld released the winners of the “Best Hostels for Solo Travelers” in their annual “Hoscars” awards, which are based on guest scores and reviews.
The RoadHouse, a hostel in Prague run by two Canadians that offers home-cooked dinners, tops the new list of the best hostels in the world 2019.
Also Read:Check out the ultimate list of the world’s best popular choice and luxury hotels
Unlike their first property, The MadHouse, which attracts young party-goers, The RoadHouse is more laid-back in vibe. To help solo travelers meet new people, the hostel organises daily activities that include nightly family dinners at the table, visits to local festivals, and soirées at neighborhood wine bars and pubs.
“The RoadHouse is an amazing place. It’s run by the loveliest people, the hostel itself is beautiful and it really does feel like you’re staying at a friend’s (really cool) apartment with a bunch of rad travelers,” reads one of the several glowing reviews.
Also Read:These are the quirkiest travel experiences to book in 2019, according to TripAdvisor
If a backpacking trip is on the horizon for you this year, check out the top hostels of 2019 for solo travelers, according to Hostelworld:
1. The RoadHouse Prague (Prague, Czech Republic)
2. Soul Kitchen (St Petersburg, Russia)
3. Hostel One Miru (Prague, Czech Republic)
4. Cozy Nook Hostel (Da Lat, Vietnam)
5. Adventure Q2 Hostel (Queenstown, New Zealand)
Also Read:Check out the top 10 holiday destinations trending with millennials in 2019
6. Adventure Queenstown Hostel (Queenstown, New Zealand)
7. The House of Sandeman – Hostel & Suites (Porto, Portugal)
8. Hostel Lullaby (Chiang Mai, Thailand)
9. Hostel Majdas (Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina)
10. Star Hostel Taipei Main Station (Taipei, Taiwan)
To feed your hunger for more
Want more? Click on the tags below for more videos and stories