It’s the pumpkin season! So transform your regular cuppa coffee into a festive holiday beverage. This spicy and frothy pumpkin latte comes with an easy-peasy recipe.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice blend
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coffee, espresso
- Whipped cream
1. Pour two cups of milk (skimmed or whole, both will all work) into a medium saucepan.
2. For the pumpkin flavour, you can either use canned puree or homemade pumpkin puree. For a delicious and full-bodied flavour, we would suggest you go for the homemade version, but if you’re pressed for time, the canned stuff will do the trick too. Add two heaped tablespoons of pumpkin puree into the milk.
3. Depending on how sweet you like it, add between 1 to 3 tablespoons of sugar. It’s safe to opt for 2.
4. Grab a whisk and whisk it all together. Then, turn the heat to medium and cook until steaming.
5. Add ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice blend. You can make your own spice blend by stirring together 3 teaspoons cinnamon powder, 2 teaspoons ground ginger and ½ teaspoon nutmeg. This blend is a larger quantity, so use ½ teaspoon only, and refrigerate the rest for future pumpkin lattes.
6. If you would like an extra bit of sweetness, add one tablespoon vanilla extract.
7. Next for the coffee, add the espresso shots (we like our coffee strong) to the milk and whisk until everything you have added till now has blended beautifully.
8. Grab 2 empty cups and fill them up with the coffee-pumpkin concoction. Top them off with a swirl of whipped cream and a dusting of pumpkin spice blend (why not!).
Image courtesy: Shutterstock
Want more? Click on the tags below for more videos and stories