Whether you’re an aspiring baker or just someone who enjoys endlessly scrolling through photos, there’s no denying the appeal of an Instagram feed full of such well-baked creations.
The intricately decorated pies are some of those baking recipes that leave us wide-eyed. In all their buttery, flaky, crusty glory; posted by bakers on the photo sharing platform; pies are not yet a big phenomenon in India.
It’s time to change that! Hence, as part of our #31DaysofBaking series, we bring to you a round-up of the most beautiful pies on Instagram for all the Christmas baking inspiration you need in life!
Psst… don’t forget to bookmark your favourites, we’ve done ours already!
Also read: Easy-to-make pie recipes to try at home
1) Longing for summer? Don’t miss this vibrant sunflowers made with pastry dough that call to mind the memories of the summertime that was!
2) A combination of the classic lattice with different sizes of rose and leaves give this pie a fresh look. Bookmark this one for one of those days when you want to play around with your crust with this pie recipe.
3) Now here’s a detailed leafy pie crust to make your mind boggle! The leaf pie is one of the most common pie crust designs on Instagram and is usually created by covering the entire pie with leaf cutouts.
4) Like your pies with a bit of colour? Seattle-based Lauren Ko created this beauty with a pie recipe that has whole wheat-cheddar and beet dough stripes quilted into a square weave.
5) This cut-out top crust is one interesting idea. We love the miniature flowers and also the fact that it gives a sneak peek of the filling, but doesn’t give it out completely.
6) Digi-baker and chocolatier Ela Alvarez takes pie art to a new mesmerising level. She gives the pastry top crust a miss to decorate her pie with sliced and spiced plums and lets the filling take the centre stage.
7) Trust pastry designer Karin Pfeiff Boschek to help you up your pie crust game. Just look at these glistening butter crust braids and leaves!
8) Leaves, small flowers, braids, and traditional lattice—all our preferred pie crust designs combined on one well-baked creation.
9) This oblique lattice pattern is not easy as it seems. Plus, what caught our attention the most is that the base of this masterpiece is chickpea flour.
Have you ever eaten a pie made with chickpea flour? Let us know in the comments section below.
10) This strawberry pie (just in time for winter!) with cutout flowers and leaves is a great example of how Insta-approved baker and food stylist Shivesh Bhatia likes to keep things simple. We love how both the pastry dough and strawberry filling are getting a fair share of limelight in this picture.
11) Snowflakes have the writer’s heart and so does this giant snowflake cutout on this apple cranberry pie.
12) Another one from Jo Harrington’s kitchen, this one inspires us to say it with a font-tastic pie this festive season. This is perfect for the Christmas baking ritual. No matter what your message, just cut it out of the pastry sheet and place it on your pie.
Banner image: Shutterstock