A few days back, personal trainers Kayla took to the photo-sharing app to share her advice on what to order when eating out. The post included tips on how one can enjoy a flavourful meal which is also healthy and full of nutrients. She also shared some insights into what she personally orders. Here are some key points:
1. Order an extra serving of salad or vegetables.
2. Drink water instead of soda or other sugary drinks. Kayla recommends adding ice, mint and lime to make it more interesting and refreshing or asking for a glass of soda water if you want some fizz without the extra sugar.
3. Order grilled meat or steamed fish for a light and tasty meal, but without the unhealthy trans fats often found in fried foods.
4. If there is something slightly unhealthier that you really want, such as a delicious pasta dish, ask if someone at the table will share it with you, and then you can still get healthy meat or fish dish with lots of vegetables.
5. Order dressing or sauces on the side so you can add just a little, and avoid heavy, creamy dressings. Instead, Kayla opts for light olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper dressing.
Although Kayla noted that going to a restaurant for dinner can be stressful when you're trying to stay healthy, she emphasized that going out should be a time to enjoy with friends and eat "amazing" food. So stop letting eating out stress you out.