You know those moments when, while watching a TV series or movie, you pause for a second and rewind because a character said something totally relatable? That happens to us in case of dialogues where food becomes the subject.
Since we love, live, and breathe food at LF, it was just common sense to share our favourite quotes from TV shows, web series, and movies.
Ranging from classics to trending, these dialogues are sure to tickle your foodie bones and make you go: “This is SO ME!”
Scroll on and enjoy!
1. “We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.” – Buddy, Elf (2003)
If you’re one of those who lives and breathes sugar, this quote is for you and Buddy from the Christmas movie Elf, your soulmate.
2. “This burger is so good, it’s like Christmas in my mouth. Meat Christmas.” – Lily Aldrin, How I Met Your Mother (Season 4; Episode 2)
Lily makes us forget all our ‘healthy eating’ promises and call for the most decadent burger, every single time we watch this scene.
3. “Teri spaghetti jaise ghane baal, olives jaisi kaali kaali, actually not so kaali kaali ankhein baby corn jaisi nukeeli naak, tomatoes jaise laal laal gaal, sliced bell pepper se bane honth, jalapeno si teekhi zubaan” – Kabir, Ki & Ka (2016)
When you want to express your love for her, but also make it clear that food will always remain your first love.
4. “If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff.” – Remy, Ratatouille (2007)
Because what you eat has a bearing on your state of mind and health.
5. “There’s always hope. Tomorrow will be taco night.” – Nicky Nichols, Orange is the New Black (Season 1)
Is there any problem that food can’t solve? Well, this dialogue is for times when everything is falling apart, and you need a ray of hope.
6. “I want to bite into a big hunk of cheese, just bite into it like it’s an apple.” – George Costanza, Seinfeld (Season 8; Episode 1)
This is for everyone who is quite content with nibbling on an entire block of cheese and not feel guilty for even a second.
7. “One bite and all your dreams will come true” – Old Hag/Witch, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
Food coma is real! This dialogue is perfect to describe the feeling when you take the first bite of your favourite comfort food. Ours is pizza, what’s yours?
8. “Shaadi is dal chawal for pachaas saal till you die…arrey life mein thoda bahut kheema pav, tangdi kebab, hakka noodle bhi hona chahiye na…” – Bunny, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013)
If this doesn’t make you hungry, are you even love food? Also, here’s a gentle reminder to sprinkle some masala over your life.
9. “My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump, Forrest Gump (1994)
This classic line needs no introduction, does it? We absolutely love how it grabs our attentions with the word 'chocolate' and leaves us with an important life lesson.
10. “Joey doesn’t share food!” – Joey, F.R.I.E.N.D.S (Season 10; Episode 9)
Nope, we don’t think there’s a polite way to ask people to buzz off when they ask for a bite. *Reaches out for the eating pants*
Want more? Click on the tags below for more videos and stories