If you are a fan of Middle-Eastern cuisine, then this spiced flatbread is surely your thing. Chef Shipra Khanna bakes this Manakish bread topped with za’atar spice. This flavourful snack can be enjoyed anytime during the day.Read More
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt and water
- 3 tsp oil
- For Za'atar:
- 1 tsp sumac powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tsp oil
- For salad :2 cucumbers and Olives
- For Garnish: Bell pepper juliennes
- In a bowl, add all-purpose flour, dry yeast, sugar, salt as per taste, water and leave it aside for some time. Add water and prepare a dough. Add oil and knead it again. Leave the dough to prove for half an hour.
- For preparing Za'atar, in a crusher, add sumac powder, thyme, oregano, sesame seeds and crush it.
- Apply oil on the dough and knead it again. Roll out the dough and cut in into circular shapes. Transfer it over a baking tray and leave it to rise till it doubles in size.
- Add Za'atar, brush it with oil. Bake it in a preheated oven at 180'C for 10 - 15 minutes.
Explore our Popular Stories.