Yemeni Zurbian By LF Team
Try this Yemeni Zurbian recipe to get the authentic taste of Yemeni cuisine. The Yemeni Zurbian recipe is derived from our very own Hyderabadi biryani. This lamb-based rice dish infused with saffron is fragrant, flavourful and heavenly.Read More
- For the roasted spices
- 1/2 cup cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup coriander seeds
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp green cardamom
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- For the lamb mixture
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp ginger grated
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 700 gm lamb shoulder
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- For the rice
- 12 cups water
- 2 tsp browned butter
- 1 bowl basmati rice
- For the roasted spices: In a saucepan, roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black peppercorns, cinnamon sticks, green cardamoms, cloves and turmeric powder.
- Roast the spices well.
- Grind the roasted spices well.
- For the lamb mixture: Heat oil in a Kadai. Add chopped onions, minced garlic, grated ginger, the prepared blended spices, chopped tomatoes, lamb shoulder, yogurt and salt.
- Mix them and cook for 30 minutes, add boiled potatoes, and cover it.
- Allow it to cook for 10 minutes.
- For the rice: Boil water in a deep-Kadai, add butter, salt and basmati rice.
- Mix well and cook the rice for 10 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Grind the saffron thread and mix it well with water.
- For the Zurbian: In a biryani pot, add the lamb meat chopped coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Cover the meat with cooked rice. Next, add the prepared saffron mixture and browned butter. Cover and cook it for 20 minutes.
- Your Yemini Zurbian is ready to be served.
Explore our Popular Stories.