Yarkhandi Pulav By Ranveer Brar
Chef Ranveer Brar narrates an interesting story about Yarkhandi Pulaoo and its origin in the Indo-Chinese border. Made with some basic spices, this pulav tastes amazing and will make you drool.Read More
- 1 kg mutton
- salt as per taste
- 3 tbsp desi ghee
- 2 black cardamoms
- 4-5 green cardamoms
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 inch cinnamon
- 2 medium size carrots grated
- 2 tbsp curd
- water as required
- 2 cups soaked basmati rice
- 200 ml milk
- Marinate the mutton with salt.
- In a pressure cooker, heat ghee and add black cardamoms, green cardamoms,black peppercorns, cinnamon and mutton. Saute the mutton on low flame.
- Add grated carrot, curd and water and pressure cook the mutton for 2 whistles.
- Heat water in a pot, add ghee, a pinch of salt and soaked rice. Boil the rice until 80% done With the help of a sieve, separate the rice and water.
- Separate the yakhni and mutton using a sieve Add milk to the yakhni and mix well.
- Transfer the mutton pieces to a pot and layer it with cooked rice and yakhni mixture. Cook it until rice is completely done Yarkhandi pulaoo is ready to serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.