Yaksik is a Korean rice-based sweet dish. Chef Ranveer Brar shares a recipe for Yaksik, a dessert full of dry fruits. The chilled rice cake drizzled with cinnamon flavoured honey sauce and crunch of dry fruits is absolutely scrumptiousRead More
- 50 gm black raisins
- 50 gm pistachios
- 30 gm pine nuts
- 30 gm dried cherries
- 50 gm cashew nuts
- 50 gm almonds
- 50 gm pecan nuts
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cups cooked sticky rice
- crushed sugar candy for garnish
- In a heated pan, add brown sugar and melt it.
- Add water, soya sauce and mix it.
- Add the finely chopped nuts in a bowl. Add the melted sugar.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon powder, honey and mix it well.
- Add sticky rice and mix it nicely.
- Add the mixture in a muslin cloth and let it steam for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate it to set.
- Cut it into pieces and garnish with candies.
Explore our Popular Stories.