Whole Wheat Spinach Pasta By Tasneem Kanchwala
Whole Wheat Spinach Pasta
Healthy Recipe for kids & adults using whole wheat, spinach puree and milk for the pasta sauceRead More
- 250 gm Pasta of your choice (Fusilli, Penne, Macaroni or Spaghetti)
- 2 Cups Chopped Veggies (Broccoli, Mushroom, Bell Pepper, Corn)
- 2-3 Tbsp Butter
- 2-3 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Stalk Spinach (Blanched & Pureed)
- 1/2 Cup Grated Cheese ( Use equal amount of Mozzarella & processed cheese to get a more cheesy effect)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- In a large vessel boil water. Blanch spinach and remove from the vessel and let it cool, now add the Broccolli florets to the same water and remove them just as they turn bright green and a little tender.
- To the same boiling water, add the pasta and cook Al Dente. Strain them and rinse with cold water. Brush them with oil to avoid sticking. Keep aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan add butter and a few drops oil (oil retains the golden yellow color of butter), add the garlic and saute till fragrant.
- Now, add the mushrooms or other veggies (except for Broccolli).
- Add seasoning - Salt, pepper, Oregano and chilli flakes. Add the whole wheat flour and mix well till it's fragrant.
- Add a cup of water ( I used the water in which I blanched Spinach, that way you won't lose out on its nutrients). The water dissolves the wheat flour well and avoids forming lumps.
- Once u see no lumps add in the milk and stir on low flame occasionally till the sauce thickens.
- Puree the blanched spinach in a blender and add half a cup of Spinach puree to your sauce.
- Add grated cheese and bring your sauce to the right consistency. * Avoid making it too thick as it thickens once you turn off the flame as well.
- Add the pasta and Broccolli, mix well and turn off the flame. Serve hot with Garlic bread 😋.
- In case you want to reheat and the sauce thickens add more milk while heating the pasta. Your Tummy will Love it ❤️.
- Check out video of the same on https://youtu.be/jr-YIfz28Xo.