Whole Wheat Aloo Pyaz Kachori By .Smiti ChaTurVeDi
Whole Wheat Aloo Pyaz Kachori
We all love eating fried items but most of the time they are with maida / refined flour. Here's a twist to the traditional kachoris - made in pure wheat and absolutely no compromise on taste :)Read More
- 400 gm Atta (Wheat flour)
- 50gm Ghee (moin)
- 6 -7 medium Boiled Aloo
- 3 small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup - Green Peas
- 1tsp Ajwain (Carom Seeds)
- 2tsp - Red Chilli powder
- 3tsp - Dhaniya powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 Green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 cup - Fresh Coriander Finesly Chopped
- 1/2 tsp - hing ( asafoetida
- Water for dough
- Oil for frying
- For the filling:In a pan, heat oil- Add hing, add the onions and saute until translucent.
- Add the boiled and mashed potatoes and roast well.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder and chopped green chilli and mix well. Turn of the flame and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl take the flour and add a little salt , ajwain and half amount of ghee and crumble well.
- Try holding this flour in between your palms it should hold shape if not add the rest of the ghee and repeat. It will certainly hold shape.
- Adding little water at a time knead the dough to a semi soft consistency. Cover and rest for 20 mins.
- Your filling must have cooled by now. Add the fresh coriander and mix well. Make roundells of the filling.
- Take a decent size of dough and form a dough ball and spread from the sides using your fingers. Add one round of the filling and close it well.
- Make sure there are no cracks in the dough else it will absorb extra oil. Similarly repeat for entire dough. You will have 10-12 filling stuffed dough balls. Spread the in between your palms to remove excess air in it. Be gentle.
- In a pan take oil for frying and heat it. Drop the kachoris in oil and fry them on a medium flame for atleast 12-15 mins. Do not hurry here.
- Once the Kachoris are golden brown remove them and place them on an absorbent.
- Serve them hot with chutney of your choice.