White Bean Taco By Rishim Sachdeva
White Bean Taco
Are you looking for a healthy and light lunch option? Then these white bean tacos are for you. Delightfully flavoured white beans served on a crisp taco is an easy to cook and a quick fix for lunch. Try this recipe at home.Read More
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 chopped onions
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 cup white beans
- 1/2 cup veg stock
- T55 flour
- 2 tbsp polenta
- 4-5 chopped green chillies
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- coriander leaves
- For the white bean stew, heat olive oil in a pan.Add chopped onion and chopped garlic. Shallow fry the onion and garlic, add chopped tomatoes to it and season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup white beans. Cook it for a while. Add half cup veg stock and let it simmer.
- Take a bowl, pour half of the bean mixture in it and puree it with a hand blender. Now, pour the bean mixture puree back in to the pan and let it cook for some time till it reaches a thick consistency.
- For tacos, make a dough using cornmeal, T55 flour, water and salt. Cut the dough into small equal pieces, make small dough balls.
- Dust the dough balls with some polenta and make flatten the balls. Take two trays, wrap the tray with cling wrap. Place the dough in between the trays and press it hard to flatten the dough into a taco sheet.
- Take a plate, sprinkle little polenta and place the taco sheet on it. Heat a flat pan, place the taco sheet on it, roast it like a chapati. Keep aside.
- For salsa, take chopped tomato, chopped small onion, chopped green chillies on a chopping board. Add some salt and pepper and squeeze 1/2 lemon.
- Add olive oil and lot of chopped coriander. Now roughly chop all the ingredients together.
- For assembling the taco, keep a taco on a plate. Arrange the beans mixture on it, add the salsa. Squeeze half a lemon, top it sour cream and some fresh coriander. And it’s ready to serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.