Wheat jaggery almond dates cake By Sowmya Vijay
Wheat jaggery almond dates cake
Cakes can be healthier using whole wheat , jaggery and dry fruits without compromising the taste. Perfect eggless cake using kadai or cookerRead More
- Melted butter - 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
- Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
- Powdered jaggery - 1 cup
- Milk - 3/4 cup
- Almonds dry dates powder - 1 tbsp
- Cashews - 5
- Take melted butter in a bowl. Add oil and mix well using hand whisker.
- Sieve whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, banking powder and baking soda on to the bowl and mix well.
- Add Vanilla essence and jaggery powder to the bowl and mix well. There should not be lumps.
- Gradually add milk and mix well to bring it to the cake batter consistency. (Smooth and silky batter).
- Grease the baking tray with oil and dust with wheat flour. Pour cake batter into it. Sprinkle almonds dates powder and pat gently.
- Place baking tray on the stand in a preheated cooker or kadai ( with salt bed ) and cover it. Keep it for 40 to 45 mins in low to medium flame.
- Remove the baking tray from the cooker/ kadai and allow it to cool.
- Transfer the cake to a plate and garnish with cashews. Healthy and tasty wheat jaggery almond dates cake is ready.