Wheat Egg Puffs By Aleyamma Shyam
Wheat Egg Puffs
All these years I used have puffs made of all purpose flour or puffs sheets ,one day it's striked why can't I try the same recipe with wheat, it came out well. My wheat puffs is loved by everyone in my family.Read More
- Wheat flour- 400 gms
- Boiled eggs - 3
- Onion - 2
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1tsp
- Turmeric powder - half tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Butter - 200 GM's
- Sugar - 1tsp
- Egg - 1
- In a bowl add the wheat flour , salt ,sugar and water.
- Make a soft dough and leave it to rest for 15 mins.
- Roll the dough into square shape.
- Divide the butter into 3 portions. Apply one portion of the butter and sprinkle some flour .
- Fold it from sides and keep it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Take the dough and roll into square shape and apply second portion of the butter.
- Again fold it from sides and keep it in the fridge for 1 hour .
- Repeat the same above step and keep the dough in the fridge for 1 hr.
- For the filling , place a kadai on the stove.
- Add oil, when the oil heats up ,add the fennel seeds.
- Add the chopped onions and ginger garlic paste.
- When the onion becomes pink in colour , add all the masala.
- Add little water and saute.
- Add salt to taste.
- The filling is ready. Switch off the gas.
- Now take the dough and roll it in 1/3 inch disk .
- Cut into square shape.
- Cut the each boiled egg into two.
- Now place the filling in the centre of the dough , keep one egg piece and fold it from all sides.
- Break the egg in a bowl and beat it.
- Brush the egg on both the sides of the folded puffs.
- Place it on a baking tray.
- Put it inside the preheated oven at 190 degrees for 30 mins.
- Baking time varies on ovens.
- When the puffs become light brown in colour, take it out.
- Serve it with sauce .