Watermelon rind halwa By Ardhendu Mondal
Watermelon rind halwa
It is made with the watermelon's rind which is the white part of the watermelon and which we generally through and we don't eat.Read More
- 1cup watermelon rind Puree
- 1tbsp Semolina (Sooji)
- 1tbsp Besan
- 1-2tbsp ghee
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1cup milk
- 2-3tbsp chopped nuts
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- Peel the watermelon, scoop out the red part, cut them into small pieces and grind it till fine puree.
- In a pan heat 2-3tbsp ghee.
- Add 1tbsp sooji & 1tbsp besan and fry them in low heat till golden brown.
- Then add the watermelon rind Puree and stir continuously for 15-20 minutes or till all its water reduces and its dry completely.
- Add 1/2cup sugar and cook for further 2-3min .
- Add chopped nuts cardamom powder and milk and let it simmer for 1-2min .
- Finish it of with some nuts and serve it.