Watalappam By Ranveer Brar
Watalappam is a delicious Sri Lankan dessert made from jaggery and coconut milk. Chef Ranveer Brar’s recipe for this Sri Lankan dessert is simple and quick. This aromatic pudding is soft, luscious and delectable.Read More
- 175 gms palm jaggery
- 100 ml water
- 3 to 4 cardamom
- 3 to 4 black pepper
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp clove powder
- ¼ tsp mace powder
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 150 gm fresh cream
- 2 eggs white
- for garnish melted date jaggery
- whipped cream
- In a heated pan, add water, palm jaggery, cardamom, black peppercorn, fennel seeds and crushed cinnamon stick.
- Add clove powder, mace powder, coconut milk, fresh cream and mix it well.
- Strain the mixture into a bowl.
- In another bowl, add egg whites and whisk it.
- Pour the custard in the egg and mix it.
- Add the mixture in a baking tray and bake it on a double boiler.
- Bake it in the oven at 160'C for 35 - 40 minutes.
- Refrigerate it in the fridge for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Garnish with whipped cream and melted date jaggery.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.