Walnut Wheat Jaggery Cake By Swati Gupta
Walnut Wheat Jaggery Cake
It is healthy recipe made of Wheat flour and Jaggery as well as I cooked specially for my mother's birthday.Read More
(Prep Time : 10 mins ) ( Cook Time : 60 mins )
- Wheat flour ( Att– 1 and 1/2 cup
- Milk (Room Temperature ) – 3/4 cup
- Grated jaggery – 1 cup
- Melted butter/cow ghee/olive oil – 1/3 cup
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Chopped walnuts – 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon powder– 1/2 tbsp
- A pinch of salt
- Lemon juice - 1/4 tsp
- Some fruit jelly for decorations
- Add crushed jaggery to a pan and 1/4 cup of water, allow jaggery to melt in a low flame. Once jaggery melt , switch off the stove & allow it to cool down.
- Sieve whole wheat flour,baking soda , baking Powder, Cinnamon powder,salt. Mix them well.
- In a mixing bowl strain the jaggery water to remove any dirt. Add ghee to jaggery water and mix well.
- Now add milk and jaggery mixture to the flour mixture and mix well. At last add chopped walnuts and mix well. As well as add lemon juice and mix well.Cake batter is ready to bake.
- Pour batter into the pan and tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles and add some chopped walnuts over it. Bake it for 40 – 60 minutes.
- Pressure Cooker Method : Grease the baking tin with butter and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin. Important Notes : Use baking tin of 6 inch in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker. Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan. Baking Tin should be made of Aluminum. If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( over bake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand. No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking. Don’t add water to the pressure cooker. Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker). Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber rinfrom the lid. Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 40 – 60 minutes on low flame. After 40 -60 minutes switch off the heat. Do not open the lid immediately. After 10 minutes open the lid to check whether the cake is done. Put a knife inside the cake. If the mixture does not stick to it, it means the cake is done.
- Decorate cake with some fruit jelly.