Walnut Merendina Delight By Zeba Kohli
Walnut Merendina Delight
If you love the chocolate walnut combo, we have good news for you! Here's a recipe to satiate your sweet tooth cravings. Try this easy and quick recipe and get all the praises!Read More
- For cake
- 140 gm all purpose flour
- 40 gms corn flour
- ½ tsp baking Powder
- ½ tsp baking Soda
- 2 eggs
- 170 gm castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 90 ml oil
- 120 ml buttermilk
- 100 gms chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- For jelly
- 100 gm raspberry jelly mix
- 500 ml water
- 20 gm gelatin
- For plating
- 300 gm melted white chocolate
- 500 gm melted dark chocolate
- 20 gm walnuts
- For the cake,preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Oil and line baking sheet with baking paper.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, corn flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, add in the eggs and the sugar and use an electric whisk to beat the eggs and the sugar until the mixture becomes thick, fluffy, and triples in size, about 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla essence and the vegetable oil, and whisk again for few seconds until the mixture is well combined.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients mixture until fully incorporated.
- Finally, progressively stir in the buttermilk until the mixture is well combined.
- Pour the batter in the prepared baking sheet and spread the cake mixture evenly all over the pan.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before assembling.
- For jelly- Heat water, add rasberry flavour and gelatin and bring to boil.
- Cool and tranfer to a container and leave to set in the fridge for 40 mins.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.