Chef Ajay Chopra shares the recipe for a Kashmiri chicken gravy, Vozul Kokur. This luscious thick chicken gravy is exotic, aromatic and truly flavourful recipe for the exotic and fragrant Kashmiri chicken gravy.Read More
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- oil for frying
- 1 cup small onions
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- pinch of cinnamon powder
- pinch of clove powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp fried onion paste
- 1 cup stock
- For garnish
- coriander leaves
- Marinate the Vozul Kokur with salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder. Tie the chicken using a thread.
- In a heated pan, add oil and fry the chicken until it is half cooked.
- Add the fried chicken on a plate. In the same pan, deep fry the chopped onion until it turns crispy.
- In another pan, add ghee and let it warm. Add turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, salt as per taste, ginger powder.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon, clove and cardamom powder and roast it. Add fried onion paste and let it cook.
- Add chicken stock and let it cook. Add the chicken and let it cook in the gravy.
- Serve Vozul Kokur with rice and garnish with coriander leaves.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.