You will fall in love with this delicious Vietnamese soupy noodles. Try it during any time of the day, cinnamon, star anise and black pepper flavoured light broth is known for its health properties.Read More
- 1 onion, halved
- 20 gm galangal, sliced
- 1 full chicken bone
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 1 lt Water
- 2 red chillies
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 150 gm rice noodles, soaked
- 1 bowl chicken, cut in strips, Cold water as required, Salt to taste
- For garnish
- brown sugar
- 2Lemon wedges
- 2 tbsp spring onion greens chopped
- 2 tsp Basil leaves chopped
- Heat a pan.
- Halve an onion and add to the heated pan.
- Add sliced galangal.
- Add one full chicken bone to the same pan.
- Add a few cinnamon sticks and star anise.
- Pour water in the pan.
- Add red chillies, garlic cloves, and fish sauce.
- Let it boil on low flame and cook for one hour.
- Soak the rice noodles in boiling water for 30 minutes.
- When the chicken stock boils, add chicken strips and cook it for 5 to 6 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix some cold water and salt.
- Remove the chicken strips from the stock and add to the cold water and refrigerate.
- After one hour, turn off the flame of chicken stock.
- Strain and refrigerate.
- Discard the chicken and veggies.
- For serving, arrange rice noodles in the serving plate.
- Pour chicken stock.
- Place the cold chicken strips on top of the noodles.
- Garnish with sprouts, brown sugar, lemon wedges, chopped spring onion greens, and basil leaves.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.