Vetkoek By Ranveer Brar
Are you looking for a tasty and unique snack for your kitty party? Try Chef Ranveer Brar’s recipe of Vetkoek, South African stuffed and deep-fried dough buns. The buns are crispy, and the stuffing made of mildly spiced soya mixture is mouthwatering.Read More
- For vetkoek
- 500 gm refined flour
- 5 gm yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- water for kneading
- For stuffing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 gm soya chunks
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp garlic
- ½ cup green peas
- ½ cup carrot
- 2 tsp madras curry powder
- 5 to 6 sprigs fresh chopped coriander
- 1tsp chilli powder
- For garnish
- kuchumber salad
- parsley sprigs
- In a pan, add olive oil and let it heat.
- In a bowl, add refined flour, sugar, water as required, yeast and prepare a dough.
- Leave the dough to rest.
- Divide the dough into balls and leave it to rest for 35 - 40 minutes.
- To the pan, add chopped ginger, garlic and saute.
- Add soya chunks, salt as per taste, red chilli powder, madras curry powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder.
- Add green peas and toss it.
- Add chopped carrots, water as required and mix it.
- Add grated, boiled potato and mix it.
- Add coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Deep fry the dough balls in heated oil until it turns golden.
- Cut the bun into two and stuff it with the mixture.
- Serve it with salad.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.