Veggie Wellington By Gautam Mehrishi
Veggie Wellington is rolled in spinach leaves stuffed with mushrooms, onions and water chestnuts. It is baked in the oven to give it a crunchy twist. It can be served as a starter.Read More
- For veggie wellington
- 1 cup soya chunks
- 5 button mushrooms
- 2 onions
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 5 water chestnuts
- 7 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- few sprigs of rosemary
- springs of thyme
- 1 tbsp chive
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp parsley
- salt to taste
- puff pastry dough
- 5 blanched spinach leaves
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp milk Salad
- In a bowl add soya chunks, water and let it soak for 40 minutes.
- Finely chop button mushrooms, onions and water chestnuts.
- In a heated pan add olive oil, chopped garlic, mushrooms, onions, chestnuts, salt and mix it well.
- Add butter, chopped pine nuts, a mixture of chopped sprigs of rosemary, thyme, chives, butter and mix it in the pan.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice and mix it.
- Add whole wheat flour, chopped parsley leaves and stir it.
- Drain the water of soya chunks and chop it.
- Add the chopped soya chunks in the pan, add salt and mix it.
- Roll out the dough and dust on the flour.
- To the dough add blanched spinach leaves and dust flour over it.
- Add the filling to the spinach leaves and seal it.
- Add black pepper powder, brush milk over the dough and cover the spinach leaves by folding it.
- Brush milk over it and bake it in a pre-heated oven at 160' C for 25 - 28 minutes.
- Chop spinach leaves and kale leaves.
- In a bowl add olive oil, salt, black pepper powder, lemon zest, chopped chives, sprigs of thyme, chopped water chestnut.
- Add pine nuts, onions, chopped spinach and kale leaves and mix it.
- Cut slices of veggie wellington.
- For garnish add pine nuts, mushrooms and Veggie Wellington is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.