Vegetable Chops are synonymous to Kolkatta street food. Chef Rahul Banerjee shares the classic recipe for this yummy snack and serves it with a salad flavoured using Kolkatta's favourite mustard paste, Kasundi.Read More
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 grated & boiled beetroot
- 2 grated & boiled carrots
- 2 boiled & mashed potatoes
- pinch of sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp ground masala (calcutta style)
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- bread crumbs to coat
- In a non-stick pan heat some oil.
- Add grated ginger, boiled & grated beetroot, carrot and stir them.
- Now add the boiled potatoes, sugar, salt and stir again.
- Lastly add the Calcutta Style ground masala which consist of roasted dry spices – fennel seeds, cumin, cardamom, cinnamon, dry red chilli, black peppercorn, kalonji.
- Stir well.
- Switch off the heat.
- Let the mixture cool down.
- Make small cylindrical balls with the mixture.
- Make a thin batter by mixing corn flour & all-purpose flour with water.
- Dip the vegetable balls in the batter and roll them in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil and deep fry the chops till they are dark in colour.
- Serve Calcutta Style Vegetable Chops with cucumber & onion salad mixed with Kasundi.
Explore our Popular Stories.