Vegan Gajar ka Halwa (Carrot Halwa) By Sheela Iyer
Vegan Gajar ka Halwa (Carrot Halwa)
A carrot halwa cake is a delight for weight watchers and diabetics. The halwa is also vegan-friendly and gluten-free.Read More
- 500 gms Fresh red carrots
- 250 gms Dates
- 5 tbsp Coconut oil
- 200 ml Coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Cardamom Powder
- 5 Cashew nuts
- 5 Almonds
- Soak dates in one glass of water for 15 mins.
- Remove seeds from the dates and cut into small pieces.
- Grate the carrots.
- Heat a wok and add the coconut oil.
- When oil is hot add the grated carrots.
- Add the coconut milk.
- Stir continuously till carrots are cooked and reduced to half.
- Add the dates with the water to the cooked carrots.
- Stir and Cook till mixture leaves the sides.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix everything well.
- Transfer the halwa into a round bowl.
- Invert the cake shaped mix on to a plate.
- Decorate with cashews and almonds.
- Serve hot.