Veg Potato crumbs
Very easy to prepareRead More
- 2 medium potatoes - boiled and mashed
- ¼ cup grated carrots or finely chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped beans
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions or spring onions
- ½ teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder (ground turmeric)
- ¼ teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder - optional
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder (ground jeera)
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- salt as required
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Maida
- 2 tablespoons water
- oil as required, for deep frying
- Rinse and take 2 medium potatoes in a 2 litre pressure cooker. Add water just about covering the potatoes.
- Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles on medium flame. When the pressure settles down on its own, remove the lid. Remove the boiled potatoes and let them become warm. Potatoes should be drained well.
- Once warm then peel and mash them very well with a fork. Keep the mashed potatoes aside and let it cool completely at room temperature.
- Now grate or finely chop the veggies. Do chop them finely.
- Add the chopped veggies to the mashed potatoes.
- Add all the spice powders (mentioned abovand also add salt as per taste.
- pinch a small ball sized potato dough and roll to cylindrical shape.
- In a small bowl take 1 tablespoon of Maida.
- Add 2 tablespoons water. Mix to a smooth batter without lumps.
- Take ½ cup bread crumbs in a plate.
- Now take each roll and dip in Maida flour batter covering all sides.
- then roll in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a kadai or pan.
- Add the number of rolls as depending on the capacity of the kadai. The oil has to be hot or else rolls absorb more oil and can also break in oil.
- flip and fry all the sides on medium flame till it turns golden and crisp.
- finally, drain over kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- Fry the remaining rolls in the same way.
- Arrange the veg potato rolls on a tray or platter and serve hot with any dip or chutney or sauce of your choice.