Vanilla & Mango sponge
It's simple sponge where homemade mango pulp was added by doing its layers in the base...first layer was vanilla and then was mango flavored layer and again was vanilla layer....nd it was decorated with mango flower and mango pulp...Read More
- 160 gm flour
- 20 gm cornflour
- 35 gm milk powder
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 130 gm sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1+1/4 cup milk
- 1 baking powder
- Pinch of baking soda
- For thick mango pulp- mango puree - 1 cup+ 3 tsp of suger + 1/4 tsp yellow food colour- it should be cooked on a low flame to get concentrated mango pulp
- Half mango to make flower
- Mix all dry ingredients except milk powder and suger in a bowl.
- In another bowl take beat oil and suger for 1 min to give it a good mix.
- Add milk to in the oil and suger mixture.beat it again for a minute.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Now add all dry ingredients in wet mixture in steps and give it a good mix so no lums should be there.
- Now add milk powder to it..and mix just by spoon..do not beat it.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree c.for 10 min.
- Put around 1 cup of vanilla batter aside.
- Now grease the cake tin and make a thin layer of vanilla batter.
- Then add the mango pulp to vanilla batter which we have put aside.
- And make its layer gentaly upon the vanilla batter.
- Now again make a layer of Vanilla batter upon mango layer.
- Put it in preheated oven for 25 min at 180'c .
- Check with toothpick after done.
- Decorate it the way you like....