Valaipalam Halwa By Pankaj Bhadouria
Valaipalam Halwa is nothing but banana halwa, a traditional dessert from Tamil Nadu. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria presents the recipe for this delicacy. This banana halwa is aromatic, soft and sinful.Read More
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp chopped cashew nuts
- Peel the skin of bananas and cut it into slices. Add the banana slices in a bowl. Mash the banana using a fork.
- In a pan, add ghee and let it heat. Add the mashed bananas and let it cook for 2 - 3 minutes. Add coconut sugar, cardamom powder and keep stirring it.
- Add ghee and cook it until it absorbs in the mixture. Add chopped cashew nuts and mix it well.
- Switch off the gas and sprinkle cardamom powder. Grease a tray with desi ghee. Add a mould on the tray. Add the Halwa and garnish with fried cashews and leave it to cool down.
- Unmould the Halwa and garnish with spun sugar and serve it.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.