Tried-N-Tested Foolproof Cake By Neha Nair
Tried-N-Tested Foolproof Cake
The classic sponge cake can never go out of fashion and is ridiculously easy to make. With just the bare minimum ingredients, and in under an hour, you can have your cake and eat it too!Read More
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Cups softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Dash of vanilla essence
- Cup of milk (if required)
- Pre-heat oven as per oven directions.
- Blitz all ingredients together in food processor.
- Add a little milk if the batter is too dry, The batter consistency needs to be thick but not clumpy.
- Brush a cake tin with neutral-flavoured oil, pour the batter into it.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 200 deg C (It could be more or less as per the oven).
- Check whether the cake is done by poking it with a toothpick; if it comes out clean it's done, if not then bake it for 5-10 min more at 180 deg C.
- Let it cool completely before taking it out of the tin.