Made with three types of lentils, Trevti is a super delicious, tangy and mildly spiced dal.Read More
- ¼ cup boiled husked and split bengal gram
- ¼ cup boiled husked and split mung beans
- 1 cup black kidney beans
- 3 tsp clarified butter
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 8 to 10 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp asafoetida
- 8 to 10 curry leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp kokam syrup
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Take clarified butter in a hot pan and add cumin seeds cloves, cinnamon stick, green chillies, turmeric powder, asafoetida, curry leaves, bay leaves and black kidney beans and toss them well.
- Add boiled Bengal gram and mung beans and fry.
- Pour some lukewarm water and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add kokam syrup and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander and garnish with lime juice and serve hot.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.