Traditional Gujarati Handvo By narsinh bhanusali
Traditional Gujarati Handvo
It is one of the Healthiest Traditional recipe of Gujarat, It is high in Protein, made from panchratna course Dal, It is the best combination of Green Veg, Grains, Pulses (Dal) ,Dairy product like Curd and buttermilk(which help in fermentation)and Paneer, Which gives fiber, mineral, protein and B12.Read More
- 200 gm Course Rice Flour
- 100 gm Course Toor Dal Flour
- 100 gm Course Channa Dal Flour
- 50 gm Course Udad Dal Flour
- 50 gm Course Wheat Flour
- 750ml sour Buttermilk
- 1tsp Methi dana
- 200 gm Grated Dudhi
- 6 - 7 nos. Green fresh Chillies
- 1 inch long Ginger
- 5 - 6 cloves of Garlic
- 25 gm Green Fresh Coriander
- 1 tablespoon Red Kashmiri Mirch
- 1/2 tablespoon Turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon Hing (Asafoetida)
- Salt - to Taste
- 5 - 6 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Rai (Mustard seed)
- 2 tablespoon til (sesame seed)
- 15 - 20 Nos. Curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon fruit salt
- 50 gm Paneer
- Take all Course Mix Flours, add 1tsp methi dana and sour buttermilk to the mix, leave the mix for 6 to 7 hours to ferment.
- After 6 to 7 hrs , add Grated dudhi (laukand Curd to the fermented mix.
- Add crushed Ginger, Garlic and Green Chillies to the fermented mix.
- Add kashmiri Red Chillies powder , turmeric and hing (Asafoetidto the fermented mix.
- Salt as required.
- Chop Fresh Green Coriander and add to the fermented mix.
- Add Grated Paneer to the fermented mix.
- Tadka - take a pan and heat oil, add mustard seed , sesame seed, hing (Asafoetidand curry leaves to the pan. when it start to crackle , pour the tadka to the fermented mix.
- Add Fruit salt to the fermented mix and stear in one direction only.
- Take the baking mould, grease it with oil and flour.
- Pour Fermented mix to the baking mould.
- Second Tadka, Repeat step no 8 again and pour tadka on top of fermented mix.
- Place the mould to pre-heated oven at 180 for 25 min and then 200 for 10 mins.
- After baking, rest the Handvo for 15 mins.
- Handvo is ready to be served with Curd and or Green Chutney.