Torai Ki Dasmia By naina singh
Torai Ki Dasmia
Torai or turai is also known as ridge gourd. This simple dish is served with a Maharashtrian flat bread known as dashmi.Read More
- 500 gm Turai or Ridge Gourd cut into pieces
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- Chopped coriander
- 1.5 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Asafoetida (hing)
- 1.5 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 0.5 tsp garam masala
- Salt and sugar as per taste
- For Dashmi
- 50 gms atta
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of Ajwain or carom seeds
- 2 tsp oil or ghee
- Water as required
- Place a pot on stove, add 2 tbsp of oil and let it heat.
- Add 1 table spoon Mustard seeds in hot oil, along with asafoetida and ginger garlic paste.
- Add the chopped onion and saute till they start browning.
- Add chopped tomato and cook till it softens.
- Now add the chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala and cook till the masala are cooked.
- Add salt and sugar as per taste.
- Add the chopped ridge gourd and cook till done on a low flame.
- For Dashmi, take the atta, add the salt and ajwain along with the oil and mix well.
- Add water as required to the flour to knead into a dough .
- Pull out a small bit from the dough and roll it into a puri.
- Fry in oil and serve with ridge gourd curry.