Tomato and Pineapple Rasam
Rasam is a popular lentil preparation from South India. It's spicy and tangy. Chef Gautam Mehrishi shares the recipe for Tomato and Pineapple Rasam. This rasam can be served with steamed rice.Read More
- 1 - 2 tsp ghee
- 2 tbsp tomatoes
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 2 tsp green chillies
- 2 slices pineapple
- 1 cup tomato juice
- cup pomegranate juice
- 4 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup toor dal boiled
- 2 tsp clarified butter
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 11 - 12 curry leaves
- Heat clarified butter in a pan.
- Add chopped tomatoes to the butter.
- Mix them with salt dry mango powder, chopped green chillies and chopped pineapple.
- Pour a little tomato juice and pomegranate juice into the mixture in the pan.
- When it boils add a few pomegranate seeds too.
- Mix them with the boiled toor dal to make the delicious rasam.
- Stir well with a spoon and add sufficient water.
- Heat clarified butter in a separate pan.
- Add mustard seeds cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Pour this into the pineapple tomato rasam in the other pan.
- Transfer it to a serving dish and serve it hot after drizzling a few drops of olive oil.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.