Thinai Ven Pongal By LF Team
Thinai Ven Pongal
Thinai Ven Pongal is also a very popular breakfast dish in the South Indian states. This Pongal, prepared with foxtail millets and moong dal is healthy, delicious and savoury, is high on proteins and makes for a perfect breakfast cereal.Read More
- For Thinai Ven Pongal
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup foxtail millet
- 1/4 cup moong dal
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 8-10 cashew nuts
- salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- In a pressure cooker, add water, foxtail millet, moong dal and turmeric powder.
- Pressure cook for 3- 4 whistles, Blend chopped ginger, cumin powder, pepper powder and curry leaves in a mixer grinder.
- Add some water to get a balanced flavour and grind it well again.
- In a saucepan, add ghee, oil and cashew nuts.
- Saute till the cashew nuts turn golden brown.
- Add the grinded mixture and the cooked thinai and moong dal.
- Sprinkle salt to add taste to the pongal.
- Saute them well.
- Add a cup of water to it and cook it for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot to enjoy your meal.
Explore our Popular Stories.