Thattai By Gautam Mehrishi
Thattai is a spicy, deep-fried snack made from rice flour. This yummy South Indian snack is made during Janmashtami. Chef Gautam Mehrishi shares the detailed recipe that can be easily replicated at home.Read More
- 2 - 3 tbsp rice flour
- 2 - 3 tbsp black gram flour
- 2 - 3 tbsp porridge flour
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 - 2 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 - 2 tbsp split bengal gram soaked
- 8 - 9 curry leaves
- 2 tbsp clarified butter
- split bengal gram soaked
- white sesame seeds
- fried curry leaves crushed
- In a bowl take rice flour, gram flour, porridge flour, red chilli powder, salt, white sesame seeds, soaked split Bengal gram, clarified butter and water as required.
- Mix them all and prepare a dough.
- Make small dumplings out of the dough.
- Grease two plastic bags with the clarified butter and roll out the dumplings.
- Using a cutter, carve out a thattai shape.
- With a fork, make tiny holes on the thattai.
- Heat oil and deep fry the thattais till they turn golden brown.
- Set them aside on a tissue paper.
- Deep fry the curry leaves and crush them into a powder.
- Sprinkle soaked Bengal gram on the serving dish and arrange the thattais.
- Sprinkle white sesame seeds.
- Garnish the last thattai with the fried curry leaves powder, white sesame seeds and soaked split Bengal gram.
- Serve hot.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.