Thai Fajitas with Mexican Rice By Gautam Mehrishi
Thai Fajitas with Mexican Rice
Thailand meets Mexico in this recipe of Thai Fajitas With Mexican Rice. This not so ordinary fusion meal is perfect for all those experimental foodies and for those who dig spicy food.Read More
- For thai fajitas
- 250 gm yam
- 10 garlic cloves
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chilli - oil sauce
- 2 tbsp chilli oil
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp synthetic white vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 sliced green chillis
- bunch of flat parsley
- 1 tortilla
- 50 gm parmesan cheese
- fresh cilantro
- For mexican rice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup rice
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 sliced onions
- salt to taste
- 1½ cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup julienned bell peppers
- ½ cup chopped bell peppers
- ½ chopped tomato
- In the oven tray add chopped yam, garlic cloves, salt, black pepper powder, chilli powder, olive oil, chilli oil - sauce and bake it in a pre-heated oven at 160' C - 170' C for 7 - 8 minutes.
- In a heated pan add oil, rice, black pepper powder, garlic cloves and let it toast.
- In a heated pan add oil, sliced onions, salt and let it cook.
- To the rice add vegetable stock and let it boil.
- To the onions add julienned green, red, yellow bell peppers.
- Add finely chopped red, yellow & green bell pepper to the Mexican rice.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes to the rice.
- In a boil add chilli oil, tomato puree, lemon juice, synthetic white vinegar and mix it well.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and mix it well.
- Add sliced green chillies to the onions.
- Add toasted yam, sauce, flat parsley and mix it.
- Cook a tortilla, add parmesan cheese, cilantro, filling and roll it.
- On a plate add Mexican rice, sliced Thai fajitas and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and Thai fajitas with Mexican rice is ready to serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.