Teriyaki Eggplant With Cashew Rice
Just the sight of this Teriyaki Eggplant With Cashew Rice will make all the people who dig oriental fare drool. Watch how Chef Gautam Mehrishi puts this exotic meal together.Read More
- 1 eggplant
- ½ cup dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp crushed black pepper
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp synthetic vinegar
- 2 tbsp miso sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp white pepper powder
- spring green onions
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp peppercorns
- 10 cashew nuts
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- basil leaves
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 inch crushed ginger
- 1 lemon
- 1 cracked green chilli
- Cut the eggplant into two.
- In a bowl add dark soy sauce, sesame seeds, crushed black pepper and honey.
- Add synthetic vinegar, miso sauce and mix it well.
- Add olive oil, red chilli powder, white pepper powder, salt and mix it well.
- On a baking tray place a butter paper.
- Add eggplant and score it off using a knife.
- Add spring onion leaves over it.
- Add the marination, cover it with butter paper and bake it in the oven at 170' C for 7 - 8 minutes.
- In a heated pan add olive oil, black peppercorn, cashew nuts, chopped spring onions, salt and cook it.
- Add sesame seeds, fresh basil leaves, rice, crushed black pepper, water and let it cook.
- Add crushed ginger, lemon, cracked green chilli and let it cook.
- To the baked eggplants add marination and bake it again in the oven for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Add the baked eggplant on a plate and add rice.
- To garnish add micro greens and Teriyaki eggplant with cashew rice is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.