Teriyaki Chickpea Bao By Maria Goretti
Teriyaki Chickpea Bao
Do you think it's impossible to bake steam the Bao at home and would prefer heading to a Chinese restaurant? Maria Goretti proves you wrong and teaches you to make the Teriyaki Chickpea Bao in this episode.Read More
- 150 gm refined flour
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- vegetable oil
- 150 gm boiled chickpeas
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- crushed black pepper
- 1 stalk chopped spring onions
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp chilli oil
- In a bowl add refined flour.
- In another small bowl add dry yeast, warm water, sugar and let it dissolve.
- In the refined flour add oil, salt, baking powder, water, yeast mixture and prepare a dough.
- In a bowl add oil and let the dough prove covered with a piece of cloth for 30 - 35 minutes.
- In a mixer jar add boiled chickpeas, grind it and add the paste in a bowl.
- In a heated pan add water and let it boil.
- In a heated pan add oil, chopped garlic, the paste of chickpea, salt.
- Add crushed black pepper, chopped spring onion and stir it.
- Add teriyaki sauce and mix it well.
- Add sugar stir it and add it in a plate to cool down.
- Pour chilli oil on it.
- Cut the dough and make small balls of it.
- Roll out the dough from the edges.
- Stuff the dough with chickpea mixture and seal it.
- In a baking tray place the cookie cutter and on top of it place the steamer.
- Brush the steamer with oil and add the chickpea baos and bake it in a preheated oven at 200' C for 10 - 12 minutes and hot Teriyaki chickpea bao are ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.