Telugu Ugadi Pachadi By swapna kumary
Telugu Ugadi Pachadi
Ugadi pachadi prepared during Ugadi festival. Ugadi festival is celebrated as new year in 'Chaitra masam' in Telugu States. The Pachadi is a blend of six different tastes; sweet, sour, salty, bitter, tangy, and spicy. All of these tastes represent different facets of life such as ups and downs.Read More
- 1 teaspoon tamarind – (sour taste – unpleasantness)
- 1/4 cup jaggery – (sweet taste – joy or happiness)
- 1/3 cup kacha mango – (tangy, astringent – surprise)
- 2 tablespoons neem flowers – (bitter – sadness)
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder – (spicy, hot – anger)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt – (salty – fear)
- Soak 1 teaspoon tamarind in 1/4 cup water for 15 minutes then squeeze the tamarind pulp and keep it aside, pour this tamarind pulp in a bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup of water in tamarind pulp.
- Then add 1/4 cup chopped jaggery.
- Mix very well with a spoon till the jaggery dissolves.
- Add finely chopped kacha mangoes.
- Then add neem flowers (Summer is the season for blooming of neem flowers and also of mangoes).
- Add 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt or add as per your taste mix it very well and your recipe is ready to serve.