Tekeli Pitha By Ranveer Brar
Each region India has its own vibrant food culture which reflects the overall culture of that region. The Indian state of Assam is no exception. Chef Ranveer Brar shares the recipe for Assamese Tekeli Pitha, a steamed rice cake filled with a heady mixture of coconut and jaggery. Steamed in a kettle, this Pitha is soft, succulent and heavenly.Read More
- 1 cup soaked rice
- water as required
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- ½ cup grated dry coconut
- ½ cup jaggery powder
- 1 ½ tbsp tea leaves
- Grind the soaked rice, remove it in a bowl and mix with water to form a dough.
- In another bowl mix together sesame seeds, grated coconut and jaggery powder.
- Tie the kettle lid with a muslin cloth and put the rice and jaggery mixture on it and cover it with another muslin cloth.
- Pour water in the kettle, add tea leaves to it and close it with the muslin-cloth covered lid and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove the peetha from the kettle and serve with hot tea.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.