Tali Arvi Ka Salan
Muslim weddings in Uttar Pradesh have a few meat dishes and a flatbread called Sheermal on their menu. Chef Ajay Chopra shares the recipe for Sheermal and flavourful mutton and vegetable curry that will make your drool.Read More
- For shirmaal
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar powdered
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp kewra water
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 cup milk
- saffron strands
- For tali arvi ka salan
- 7-8 arvi
- 5 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 cup garlic juice
- 5-6 cloves
- 6-7 green cardamoms
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 sliced onion
- 250 gm mutton
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 100 ml of water
- 1 fried onion
- 1 cup curd
- 1/2 tsp lazzat-e-taam
- For garnish
- coriander leaves
- For preparing Shirmaal, add all-purpose flour in a bowl.
- Add powdered sugar, green cardamom, ghee and mix it.
- Add kewra water, milk and prepare a dough.
- On a baking tray, add ghee and shirmaal.
- Apply a mixture of saffron and milk.
- Bake the shirmaal in a preheated oven.
- For preparing Tali Arvi:- Add ghee.
- Add pieces of Arvi and fry it until it turns golden brown.
- In a heated pan, add ghee, garlic juice and let it cook.
- Add green cardamom, cinnamon sticks, sliced onion and let it cook until it turns brown.
- Add mutton, salt as per taste, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste and mix it.
- Add fried onion, water, curd and mix it well.
- Add water, fried arvi and mix.
- Add Lazzat-e-Taam and let it boil.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve Arvi ka Salan with Shirmaal.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.