The dish talbeena was invented by Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) before the year 1400 AD and is of great significance in Muslim tradition. it is a health tonic made of Barley.it has great health benefits as it consists various vitamins,minerals,iron,magnesium etc. It is best when consumed in the morning.Read More
- 1/2 liter milk
- 6 black dates(seeds removed)
- 50 grams Barley
- Coarsely grounded Almond and walnut as required
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 tsp elachi powder
- In a mixer slighty crush the barley,then wash and keep aside.
- In a kadai,boil the milk and keep on stiring so that it doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Then add barley and after that dates.Cook for 20mins.
- After 20mins ,add elachi powder and half of the grounded almond and walnut and cook for 5 mins stiring continuously.
- Turn off flame,then add the honey.
- Garnish with the remaining grounded almond and walnut and sliced dates.