This recipe from old Delhi, what was earlier called Shahjahanabad, gets its name, 'Takka Paisa' as these flavourful gram flour dumplings truly resemble coins. Infused with a lot of spices this recipe is a must try.Read More
- For Takka Paisa
- 200 gm gram flour
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup curd
- .; gravy
- Procedure to make Takka Paisa: In a bowl add gram flour, salt, red chilli powder, all ground spice, ginger - garlic paste.
- Add sliced onions in mixer jar, water and grind it.
- In the bowl add onion paste, oil, curd and prepare a dough.
- In a heated pan add water, salt, oil.
- Roll the dough and poach it in the water.
- When the dough is cooked cut them into small slices.
- In a heated pan add oil and deep fry the dough until it turns crispy and brown.
- To prepare gravy, in a heated pan add oil, cloves, green cardamoms, bay leaves, cumin seeds, chopped onions and cook it until it turns brown.
- Add chopped ginger, chopped garlic and toss it.
- Add ginger - garlic paste, water, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and mix it well.
- Add grated tomatoes and mix it.
- Add cream, black cardamom powder and stir well.
- Add finely chopped green coriander leaves in the gravy.
- Add fried Takka Paisa in the gravy and stir it well.
- Serve Takka Paisa in a plate and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
Explore our Popular Stories.