Suran Soya Makhani By Gautam Mehrishi
Suran Soya Makhani
Bored with the same old Dal Makhani? Chef Gautam Mehrishi teaches you Suran soya makhani which is infused in spices. Tomatoes add a gravy texture to it and spicy Suran soya makhani can be served with rice.Read More
- 200 gm yam
- salt to taste
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp white butter
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped green chillies
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup soya chunks
- 2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- 1 tbsp tamarind chutney
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- coriander leaves
- mint spring
- To the boiling water add salt, oil, chopped yam and let it boil.
- In a bowl add tomatoes, olive oil and roast it on a gas stove.
- Chop the roasted tomatoes.
- In a heated pan add oil and white butter.
- To the yam add curry leaves.
- To the butter add finely chopped ginger, garlic, green chillies, sesame seeds and stir it.
- In a bowl add soya chunks, lukewarm water and let it soak 45 - 60 minutes.
- To the pan add Kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds and let it mix.
- Add sugar, chopped roasted tomatoes and let it cook for 10 - 15 minutes.
- To the gravy add boiled yam, soaked soya chunks and mix it.
- Add kasuri methi, tamarind chutney, all ground spice, coriander leaves and mix it.
- For garnish add finely chopped spinach leaves and mint sprig.
- Suran Soya Makhani is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.