It is an easy and interestingury snack recipe made with semolina and dry spices. It is an ideal tea-time snack recipe known for its savoury taste and also twisted appearance.Read More
- 1½ cup rava / semolina / suji
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp peri peri
- ½ tsp garlic chrunchy powder
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- Oil, for frying
- firstly, in a large bowl take 1½ cup rava. make sure to take fine rava.
- add ½ tsp pepper powder, ½ tsp chilli flakes, ½ tsp garam masala, 1 tsp peri peri, ½ tsp salt , ½ tsp garlic chrunchy powder , ½ tsp oregano and 2 tbsp oil.
- mix well making sure the flour is moist.
- now add ½ cup water or as required and start to knead the dough.
- knead to a smooth and soft dough adding water as required.
- now grease the dough with a tsp of oil and rest for 20 minutes.
- knead the dough again making sure the suji has absorbed water and dough is soft.
- pinch a small ball sized dough and roll to cylindrical.
- press it on back of fork gently forming a twisted shape.
- deep fry the snack in hot oil keeping the flame on medium.
- stir occasionally, frying uniformly on all sides.
- fry until the suji snack turns golden and crisp.
- 1finally, enjoy suji snacks with hot tea or store in an airtight container for 2 weeks.