Malpua made up with Suji (semolina). You can easily try it at home when you have craving for dessert.Read More
- 1 cup sugar
- 1.5 cup water
- 2 crushed cardamom
- 1 pinch orange food color (optional)
- 1 cup suji (semolina)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Oil or ghee for deep fry (as needed)
- 4-5 fine chopped almonds, cashew and pista
- For making chashni - Take a pan, add 1 cup sugar, 1.5 cup water, 2 crushed cardamom. Mix till sugar melts. Add little orange food color (optional). Cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes. Once sugar syrup is sticky switch off the heat. Let it cool down a bit. Chashni is ready.
- For making Malpua - In a pan, add 1 cup suji and roast it till it becomes light brown (flame at medium). After that add 2 cups milk. Mix properly. Cook till mixture is thick and starts leaving the pan. When mixture is ready, let it cool down a bit.
- When the mixture is easy to handle, take 1 tbsp ghee, kneed till mixture is smooth. Divide the dough into two portions and knead it again. Smoothen the sides. Roll it to the circle. If it sticks, grease with ghee and roll again. Cut them into small circles.
- Heat oil or ghee. Deep fry on high heat till they are crisp. Make sure to turn them and fry them on high heat.
- Once ready, take them out and dip them in warm sugar syrup (chashni). Turn them couple of times. Soak them in syrup for 5-8 minutes.
- After 5-8 minutes, take them out on a sieve. So that excessive chashni will goes out. Garnish with fine chopped almond, cashew and pista.