The Sugar Snow Globe dessert made from almond and pistachio flour and topped with berries not only makes for great eye-candy but is also a healthy indulgence. This recipe is a sweet escape for every dessert lover.Read More
- orange curd- 500 ml orange juice
- 125 gm sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp gelatine
- For dough
- 250 gm all purpose flour
- 125 gm butter
- 30 gm almonds flour
- 35 gm pistachio powder
- 125 gm castor sugar
- 1 tsp edible green food colour
- 1 egg
- For lgloo dough
- 200 gm butter cubes
- 300 gm castor sugar
- 200 gm glucose syrup
- 75 ml water
- For garnish
- 200 gm whipped cream
- 2-3 raspberries
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a bowl add refined flour and crumble the butter into the flour.
- Add almond flour, pistachio powder, castor sugar, edible green food colour, egg and prepare a dough.
- Cover the dough in a piece of cloth and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough over the flour and with a cookie cutter into circular shapes.
- On a baking tray place the mould.
- Add the slice of cookie into the mould make a cup-like shape and bake it in a preheated oven at 180' C for 15 minutes.
- In a heated pan add fresh orange juice, sugar, orange zest and let it cook.
- In a bowl add eggs, orange syrup and whisk it and repeat the process.
- Add the mixture to the syrup and let it cook.
- Add gelatin to the water and let it soak.
- Add this in the orange mixture.
- Add butter and mix it.
- In a pan add castor sugar, glucose syrup, water and let it cook.
- Add the orange curd in the baked cookie and refrigerate it for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Decorate it with whipped cream, raspberries and blueberries.
Explore our Popular Stories.