Stuffed Chili Pepper By Bethica Das
Stuffed Chili Pepper
A nice way to introduce these lovely colourful chili peppers as appetizers. Do not forget to serve them with some green chutney for a real visual treat. I stuffed them with paneer. So it is a great party recipe. Two secret ingredients are some powdered hajmola and powdered makhana.Read More
- 10-12 chili peppers
- salt to taste & green chutney to serve
- Stuffing - 2-3 tbsp. fresh grated coconut, dry roasted
- 2 tbsp. roasted peanuts, coarsely ground
- 1 tsp. hajmola, powdered
- 2 tbsp. makhana, powdered
- 2 tbsp. fried onion
- 1/2 red chili flakes
- 2-3 tbsp. coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp. kasuri methi, crushed
- Tempering - 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. fennel powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala powder
- 100-150 gms. paneer, mashed
- Make a slit in the centre of each chili pepper and clean it well. Keep them aside.
- Tempering - Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan. Saute the garlic and green chilies for a few seconds.
- Now add all the dry spices and mix well. Add the paneer and saute for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool down.
- Stuffing - Mix the paneer with the rest of the ingredients mentioned under stuffing and keep aside.
- Stuff the chili peppers with the paneer stuffing. Heat oil in a pan and arrange all the stuffed chili peppers. Sprinkle some salt and cook, covered on a low to medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Gently flip them over and cook the other side too till done. Switch off the flame and serve them as appetizers with some green chutney.