Stuffed Baked Vada Pav
A Maharashtrian friend was visiting, so thought of making something that carries the regional flavor. But, this snack needed to be a baked item, a healthy baked item. So decided to make stuffed baked vada pav. Healthy, yet no compromise with flavors.Read More
- 300 gm Whole Wheat
- 5 gm Active Dry Yeast
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 200 ml Water
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs Sesame seeds
- 2 tbs Milk for milk-wash
- 250 gm Potato stuffing
- 8 tsp Peanut Garlic Chutney
- In a bowl, mix yeast and sugar with lukewarm water.
- Let the solution rest until yeast froths.
- In a mixing bowl, mix wheat flour, salt, oil and activated yeast solution.
- Knead the dough with water.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl.
- Cover it with cling wrap.
- Let it rest until it doubles in volume.
- Once the dough rises in volume, punch it and release the air.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portion.
- Roll each dough ball in a small disc, place peanut garlic chutney and potato stuffing.
- Seal all the edges.
- Place shaped vada pav on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Let them rest for 20 more minutes.
- After 20 minutes of resting, brush the vada pav with milk and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven at 200 °C (both the coils on).
- Bake vada pavs in a preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, take the baking tray out, brush the baked vada pav with butter.
- Allow them to cool on a wired rack.
- The healthier version of popular Maharashtrian snack is ready.