Steamed prawn in mango-mustard gravy
This recipe is very close to my heart because this was a signature dish of my grandma. Today she is not among us but still the aroma of this recipe makes me feel she is some where among us.Read More
- Medium sized prawn- 10 pieces.
- Grated green mango- 40 grams.
- 3.Ginger-garlic paste- 30 grams.
- 4.Green chilli paste- 30 grams.
- 5.Mustard paste- 30 grams.
- 6.Turmeric powder- 1tea spoon.
- 7.Salt according to taste.
- 8.Mustard oil- 2 table spoon.
- 9.Banana leafs cut into square.
- 10.Toothpick to seal banana leafs.
- 11.Sugar as per taste
- 12.Coconut paste- 20 grams
- Clean the prawn well and remove the shell keeping the head.
- Marinate the prawn with ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste and salt for 10 mins.
- Take a bowl, add grated green mango, coconut paste, mustard paste, sugar, turmeric and mustard oil.
- Soften the banana leaf on open flame and brush some mustard oil on the front side.
- Mix the marinated prawn with the mustard mix and put in the oily side of the leaf.
- Fold the leaf and seal it with a toothpick.
- Pre heat a steamer.
- Steam the sealed leafs for 10 mins.
- Serve hot with rice.